The week’s movie is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s“. I love this movie because it always makes me feel better. For you who haven’t seen it here is a short description of the plot:
Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) is living in New York City and in the first scene she is eating breakfast outside of Tiffany’s window. She is a party girl and has a lot of men in her life. She meets her new neighbour Paul Varjak (George Peppard), a writer. Paul soon realises that their more to Holly than meets the eye and her past comes for a visit.
Some of my favourite quotes from the movie:
- “People don’t belong to people.”
- “A girl can’t read that sort of thing without her lipstick.”
- “Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot.”
- “It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.”
- “I’ll never get used to anything. Anybody that does, they might as well be dead.”
I hope you watch this movie. It really is a classic.