Michele Obama, a woman that I look up to in so many ways, is this week’s Women Crush Wednesday. I think everyone knows her as Barck Obama’s wife and The First Lady of America from 2009 to 2017. She’s a lawyer and writer. And her book: Becoming, is a book that’s on my wishlist for Christmas.
She is this week WCW because:
- She started “Let’s Move!” in 2010. A movement to solve childhood obesity.
- She launched “Let Girls Learn“, to help girls around the world get an education.
- She stands up for what she believes in.
- She is kind and caring.
- She is honest and open about being a black person in the USA
- She loves her husband and even though they have had their up and downs, they still together. And they act like they just fell in love. Its beautiful and something I hope to have with my husband.
- She cares about the service members, veterans and their families. Together with Dr Jill Biden she launched Joining Forces in 2011. It’s an initiative to help and support service members, veterans and their families with education, employment opportunities and wellness.
- She is not afraid to be herself.
- She shares her quirks and all with us.
Watch Michelle Obama on James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke:
Shes just a great inspiration to me. Listen to this:
Some of my favourite quotes:
“I always say that women should wear whatever makes them feel good about themselves. That’s what I always try to do.” ~ Michelle Obama
“We explain when someone is cruel or acts like a bully, you do not stoop to their level. Our motto is when they go low, you go high.”~ Michelle Obama
“One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals. And so when I hear about negative and false attacks, I really don’t invest any energy in them, because I know who I am.” ~ Michelle Obama
“You can’t make decisions based on fear and the possibility of what might happen.” ~ Michelle Obama
“Do not bring people in your life who weigh you down. And trust your instincts … good relationships feel good. They feel right. They don’t hurt. They’re not painful. That’s not just with somebody you want to marry, but it’s with the friends that you choose. It’s with the people you surround yourselves with.” ~ Michelle Obama